Tuesday, August 19, 2008

On this day...

Nineteen years ago Tom and I went to the Washington DC temple to get married. We had lots of guests and family, many of them from across the country, who drove all over Maryland and Northern Virginia to participate in the events of the day. It was a wonderful day!

I guess you really don't know how it feels to live something that you haven't lived before. As we made our marriage covenants that day, I had no idea what the road ahead held for us. I had watched my parents and I expected to be happily married like they were (and still are - Happy anniversary to you Mom and Dad - 42 years today!!) but until you do it yourself, it is hard to know how it will be. Even though I was in love on my wedding day, I could never have known then how much more my love would grow as we experienced our life together.

I count it as a true blessing to have a wonderful husband and to have been blessed with our children. We have had many happy times, some struggles that have been great learning experiences, and also some difficult times. Tom has been by my side for everything. I don't know what the next nineteen years (and beyond!) will hold, but I'm glad we'll face them together.









6 comments:

Camille said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Fairfield Family of Nevada said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sariah Hartley said...

You guys are perfect together!

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Julie I am SOOOO glad you are part of our family. Wow, 19 years.

Kimberly said...

Woah, has it really been nineteen years??? That is amazing. Time has really flown by! Love the post, hope you guys had a happy anniversary. (great picture, by the way)

Bob said...

OK, so I am really behind on posting, but I just noticed this recent picture of you guys and you guys look great!