Friday, September 26, 2008

Two concussions and a broken nose


Those are our injuries in the past two weeks with the boys in football. Tommy took a hard hit and had a mild concussion in his game last week, then Ryan got his bell rung in practice. He was pretty out of it and I started to take him home, then turned around and went to the ER. He was swelling up at the top of his nose, between his eyebrows. Turns out he had a mild concussion, and probably a broken nose. Apparently, they don't do anything for a for those, unless he has problems and needs surgery when he is fully grown. He will probably have two black eyes as the swelling drains, just in time for school pictures.

6 comments:

jennmom2000 said...

I was looking forward to a picture! Get better boys!

Matt and Adge said...

ugh, that sounds terrible! good thing you've got such tough boys.

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Wow, an added bump on your roller coaster life! Your boys are very brave.

Bob said...

Wow. Better take 'em out of football and put 'em into the school choir. :)

Shannon Bradley said...

That's weird because we fix broken noses all the time at the surgical center where I work. If his nose is very crooked, I would get a second opinion. By the way, Hi! I bet you didn't expect to hear from me! I enjoyed seeing your blog! Shannon Mitchell

The Draper Family said...

Hi Julie,
We are on vacation and I was going to post some pics on our blog, but I decided to stop and visit yours first. Anyway, I didn't want to nose around without saying "Hi". I love the pics of the kids in their braces:0)
Kris