Thursday, June 18, 2009

The big 4-0

I am entering a new decade tomorrow, I'll be forty! I am excited about the day because my mom, and my sisters Jenny, Amy, and Christy are flying in to celebrate with me. Adrienne, Camille, Dorothy and Lisa are all working so hard to make this a great weekend reunion. What a party - I can't wait!

The thing I'm not looking forward to is everything you hear about how your body starts to decline in your forties and beyond. Other than the physical, when I look at what my life has held for me in the past forty years, I feel like I have learned so much and hopefully I'm at a place in my life where I can deal with problems that arise and also be of help to those around me. I hope that I am making a difference in the lives of my children and family and those around me.

Actually, I'm pretty excited to be forty. I have forty years of blessings to be thankful for. I am blessed with good health and I have a loving husband, kids who I genuinely enjoy being with, two loving parents in good health, and a large extended family that I can rely on and learn from. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and why I'm here on earth that gives me purpose in this life and hope for the eternities.

I will enjoy this weekend with my sisters and family. What a treat, I can't think of a better way to celebrate! I just hope the next forty are filled with as much love and happiness as the first forty.

In honor of my forty years of living, I have chosen a new playlist, with songs from 1969 until 2009. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Let the partying begin! :)

Bob said...

Hey Jules, what a fun weekend! We're going to see if we can give you a niece that is exactly 40 years younger than you.

And I love the playlist. My first concert was with you and your co-worker from the cleaners in her beater car driving to the Cap Center to see Bryan Adams. Summer of 69 reminds me of that trip. :)

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Ya Julie :) Happy, Happy Birthday to one of the nicest ladies in the world. We are so excited for you. Can't wait to celebrate your birthday tomorrow night.

Kimberly said...

Oh, i know you had such a fun birthday weekend, i can't wait to hear all about it. Forty is the new thirty, so you're just following the trends :)

Happy Birthday!